Happy Holidays! On Cyber Monday (12/1/14) we're offering 50% off our Closure digital download! Even better, if you would like to "gift" the digital download to someone for Christmas, you can select to have it sent to them on Christmas day! All you need to do is enter the person's email address, and they'll receive an automated email with a link to stream and/or download the film.
It's been a little while since we've updated you, so here's what's going on with Closure!
- Oct/Nov Screenings: The next few months are packed with screenings! We're headed back to the Pickford in Bellingham WA 10/5-10/6, and screening in Seattle 10/14 at Bethany Community Church with a Q&A and roundtable discussion after. November is National Adoption Month, which will bring Closure to several cities around the country. We will be screening again in Seattle, as well as Portland, Albuquerque NM, and Minneapolis/St Paul MN. We also have Tugg screenings set up in Indianapolis, Chicago, Santa Rosa CA, Boise ID, and Webster NY. Remember, each Tugg screening has to pre-sell a certain number of tickets in order to get booked, so if you have friends/family in any of those cities, make sure to tell them about the screening in advance!
- Kickstarter Rewards: These were mailed out this evening! (10/1) The employees at the Post Office hated us the moment we walked in the door. Enemies aside, I'm thrilled that our deliveries will be on time as promised, and those who ordered the DVDs/downloads will have their copy way before our wide release! For those receiving a digital download of the film/soundtrack, we'll send you a separate email with your download code no later than Thursday (check your spam folder if you don't see it by then). Be sure to snap a pic of your new DVD/package/postcard, post it on Facebook/Twitter and tag Closure in it! As an independent production, we rely on YOU to help spread the word about the film. After you watch it, please share your thoughts on the film with us (and your friends)!
- DVD/Digital Download for Sale: For many who missed out on the Kickstarter campaign, we're on schedule to have the DVD/digital download available for purchase through our website by December. We will however be selling DVDs in person at select screenings in Oct/Nov, so if you happen to make it to one of those, you'll have the chance to purchase.
We appreciate your continued support for this film!
We're excited to announce a partnership with Tugg to help bring CLOSURE into local movie theaters across the United States! In recent years, Tugg has been successful in helping many indie films get one-off screenings in theaters based on their crowdsourcing model. While Tugg is financially risk-free for all parties involved (host, filmmaker, theater), it does require effort through crowdsourcing to help pre-sell enough tickets to ensure the screening is booked. We've had interest from a handful of adoption groups and agencies about screening CLOSURE, and I feel Tugg is a wonderful resource to help make those screenings happen!
How it works:
- YOU select the theater, date, & time, Tugg reserves the theater
- Tugg provides you with an event page for your screening - people can buy tickets through this event page
- Tugg provides you with promotional tools & stategies
- All of the costs involved with the screening are covered by the Threshold (a certain amount of tickets that need to sell in order for the event to take place), which means the only money you pay is for a ticket to the film itself.
- You can eventize your screening by making it a Fundraiser or hosting an Introduction, Discussion, or Q&A
- If the event meets the threshold the screening is confirmed and you (the "host") receive 5% of tickets sales following the event. If the event does not meet the threshold it is called off and no one is charged for the tickets they reserved.
The CLOSURE title page can be found here. For more information about how Tugg works visit their FAQ page. If you are interested in screening CLOSURE through Tugg, don't hesitate to email me as I'd love to help promote it with you!